Along with school registration, new Spring ISD families find a range of helpful information during Spring ISD’s New Student Registration and Family Resource Expo. (Spring ISD file photo.)
HOUSTON – July 5, 2017 – Spring Independent School District will host a New Student Registration and Family Resource Expo for the 2017-18 school year from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5 at Dekaney High School, 22351 Imperial Valley.
The event is open to families with prekindergarten through 12th-grade students who will be new to the district and need to register. All Spring ISD schools will be represented at the event, with campus and district staff on hand to answer questions and assist with the process.
The event will feature interactive parent workshops about preparing students for school, college and career readiness, and English as a Second Language programs. Additionally, there will be several agencies sharing information about services available to area families and employment opportunities with the district.
Families are encouraged take advantage of several free giveaways, including backpacks donated by Texas Children’s Hospital, school supplies, and back-to-school haircuts offered by Mystros Barber Shop.
Free vaccinations and health screenings will also be available on-site to help students meet the state immunization requirements before school starts. In addition to the regular state-required immunizations for K-12 students, high school upperclassmen who plan to enroll in dual-credit coursework will benefit from free bacterial meningitis vaccinations, a state requirement for all college students. Parents are asked to bring their child’s immunization record, along with any other required documentation, to help ensure a smooth registration process.
Documentation needed for Spring ISD registration includes the following:
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or passport;
- Social Security card (if not available, the student will be assigned a state identification number);
- Current signed immunization record;
- Most-recent report card and available test scores;
- Legal guardian’s Texas driver’s license or Texas Department of Transportation identification card (if neither is available, other photo ID will be considered in combination with a birth certificate);
- Proof of residence in Spring ISD (acceptable documentation includes a lease/mortgage agreement with student’s name listed or a water, natural gas or electric bill); and
- High school transcript, if applicable.
In addition, for Pre-K registration, proof of income may be required to establish eligibility.
For more information and to access registration forms, please visit www.springisd.org/registration, call the school where the child will be attending, or contact the Family and Community Engagement Department at 281-891-6019.