HOUSTON – July 25, 2017 – When school starts Aug. 17, students may not notice that their school day is beginning five minutes earlier than last year, but the district expects the extra five minutes of instruction per day will add up to big dividends for students.
“Adding a few minutes to the school day will benefit both students and staff, as it will allow more time for instruction as well as more time to accommodate staff development days that will greatly benefit student achievement also,” said Dr. Lupita Hinojosa, chief of school leadership and student support services.
The five minutes will be added to the start of the school day with school ending at the same time as last year. School hours for the 2017-18 year are listed below:
- Elementary Schools – 7:55 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Middle Schools – 8:55 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- High Schools – 7:10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Roberson Middle School – 8:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Spring Early College Academy – 7:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.