HOUSTON – April 3, 2018 – Come celebrate the Week of the Young Child April 16 – 20 at the Spring ISD Learning Center where parents and their preschoolers can take part in a variety of fun learning activities.
Each day of the week will feature a different hour-long program, sponsored by Spring ISD Smart Start in conjunction with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
“When parents and their young children play together, they learn together,” said Vilma Hernandez-Gomez, coordinator of parent practices for the Family and Community Engagement department. “We want to highlight the importance of early childhood education by giving all of our families an opportunity to take part in activities that are fun and help build school readiness.”
Parents can attend one or all of the following sessions with their child, ages 0 to 4.
- Monday, April 16, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Steady Beats and Math: Music is one of the first ways children experience math, especially when children clap or move to a steady beat.
- Tuesday, April 17, 1 – 2 p.m. – Healthy and Fit: Parents and children will learn how to make healthy snacks and enjoy a session of Zumba.
- Wednesday, April 18, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Child’s Play is Learning: Families will have a chance to play and learn with math, science, blocks, reading and writing.
- Thursday, April 19, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Every Child is an Artist: Children will get to create their own unique artwork using paint, paper and a brush.
- Friday, April 20, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Families that Play Together Stay Together: A strong connection between child and parent is essential for healthy development. Take part in fun games and activities that allow the whole family to play and connect.
To confirm attendance, please call Hernandez-Gomez at 281-891-6195 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.