HOUSTON – March 19, 2019 – Spring ISD will be celebrating the Week of the Young Child April 8 – 12 at the Spring ISD Community Engagement Center where parents and their preschoolers can participate in a variety of fun learning activities.
Each day of the week will feature a different hour-long program, sponsored by Spring ISD Smart Start in conjunction with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
“We are very excited about hosting this program full of fun and educational activities,” said Vilma Hernandez-Gomez, coordinator of parent practices for the Family and Community Engagement department. “We want every young child to develop a love of learning and the best way to do that is through creative play experiences that help build school readiness.”
Parents can attend one or all of the following sessions with their child, ages 0 to 4.
- Monday, April 8, 1 – 2 p.m. – Marching to the beat: Music is one of the first ways children experience math, especially when children clap or move to a steady beat. (Please bring a favorite stuffed animal)
- Tuesday, April 9, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Learning in the kitchen: Parents and children will learn how to make healthy snacks and practice different skills, including counting, measuring and following directions.
- Wednesday, April 10, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Parachute together: This activity will involve teamwork and games and promote social interactions, including taking turns.
- Thursday, April 11, 1 – 2 p.m.. – Calling all artists: Children will get to create their own unique artwork using paint, paper and a brush.
- Friday, April 12, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – The family tree: A strong connection between child and parent is essential for healthy development. Take part in fun games and activities that allow the whole family to play and connect.
To confirm attendance, please call Hernandez-Gomez at 281-891-6195 or email her at email@example.com.