HOUSTON – April 14, 2020 – Spring ISD will be hosting virtual career fairs during the month of April and throughout the hiring season for teacher positions. In conjunction with Career Eco, educators nationwide who are seeking teaching positions are encouraged to apply.
“We want teaching applicants as well as any mid-career professionals to know that Spring ISD is actively hiring, even in the midst of our current environment,” said Dr. LaQuita Carter, assistant superintendent of talent management. “By offering virtual job fairs, we’re looking to build a strong pool of highly qualified candidates for the upcoming 2020-21 school year.”
The virtual job fairs offer an opportunity for teachers who are seeking jobs in all subject positions to learn about the district, including the teaching environment, district and campus expectations, and the application process.
Currently, Spring ISD offers a dynamic teaching experience just 20 miles north of downtown Houston. The district is committed to professional development and giving its teachers pathways for growth. These online job fairs will give candidates an opportunity to speak with district recruiters, as well as principals and teachers. Applicants are encouraged to pre-register online at CareerEco.com for the following career fair opportunities:
- Wednesday, April 15 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Texas Teachers Virtual Fair
- Wednesday, April 15 from 12 noon-5 p.m.: University of Texas-Austin Teacher Virtual Career Fair
- Wednesday, April 22 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Texas Tech Virtual Career Fair
Additional job opportunities:
- Wednesday, April 22 at 9:30 a.m.: iTeach Southeast Virtual Job Fair
*Registration will be invite only for alternative certification candidates
- Thursday, April 23 from 1-5 p.m.: AAEE (American Association for Employment in Education)
*Register at aaee.org/conference