HOUSTON – Aug. 6, 2020 – With students beginning the school year in remote learning to allow COVID-19 contagion levels to improve across the region, Spring ISD is moving to make Chromebook computers available for checkout to district families. Whether families select the district’s Safety-First In-Person option or choose to spend the full 2020-21 school year participating in Empowered Learning At-Home, the devices will enable students to manage assignments and keep up with their schoolwork from home as needed.
Following distribution to high school students the week of Aug. 3, the district’s Technology department is coordinating distribution to elementary and middle school families the week of Aug. 10-14.
The distribution for Spring ISD middle school families will be Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 10 and 11. Middle school parents will pick up Chromebooks at their student’s home campus, with the exception of Spring Leadership Academy, whose students will use the pickup location at Bammel Middle School. Campuses will communicate their pickup times directly to families.
Chromebook distribution for the district’s elementary school students, meanwhile, will take place Thursday and Friday, Aug. 13 and 14. Elementary school parents will pick up Chromebooks for their students at the designated middle school locations listed below, with campuses again communicating pickup times directly to families.
- Bailey Middle School, pickup location for:
- Booker Elementary School
- Burchett Elementary School
- Marshall Elementary School
- Bammel Middle School, pickup location for:
- Eickenroht Elementary School
- Hoyland Elementary School
- Major Elementary School
- Meyer Elementary School
- Roberson Middle School, pickup location for:
- Clark Intermediate School
- Clark Primary School
- Heritage Elementary School
- Claughton Middle School, pickup location for:
- Lewis Elementary School
- Link Elementary School
- Thompson Elementary School
- Dueitt Middle School, pickup location for:
- Anderson Elementary School
- Cooper Elementary School
- Jenkins Elementary School
- Springwoods Village Middle School, pickup location for:
- McNabb Elementary School
- Northgate Crossing Elementary School
- Salyers Elementary School
- Twin Creeks Middle School, pickup location for:
- Hirsch Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- Winship Elementary School
- Wells Middle School, pickup location for:
- Bammel Elementary School
- Beneke Elementary School
- Ponderosa Elementary School
- Reynolds Elementary School
Pre-registration for Chromebook distribution is highly encouraged, and will simplify the pickup process by allowing parents to enter their information online and to digitally sign all the necessary forms. Those who are unable to pre-register ahead of time will have the opportunity to do so on their smartphone while waiting in line in their vehicle at the pickup location. If needed, paper forms will also be available onsite for parents to fill out and sign.
After arriving at their designated Chromebook distribution site, parents should join the drive-thru line and remain in their cars with the windows rolled up until otherwise instructed by Spring ISD team members. Those who pre-registered should write their student’s ID number on a piece of paper and place it on the dashboard. Parents will show identification through the window when requested, after which the device will be placed in the vehicle’s trunk (if the trunk does not open, the Chromebook will be placed in the backseat).
To sign up online and register ahead of time, parents and guardians can visit the district’s Chromebook distribution pre-registration site.