Spring ISD will be celebrating the Week of the Young Child April 12-16 where parents and their preschoolers can participate in a variety of fun learning activities to promote school readiness.
Each day of the week will feature a different virtual program, sponsored by Spring ISD Smart Start in conjunction with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Parents can attend one or all of the following sessions with their child, ages 0 to 4:
- Monday, April 12, 10 a.m. – Music: Music is one of the first ways children experience math, especially when children clap or move to a steady beat.
- Tuesday, April 13, 6:30 p.m. – Tasty: Parents and children will learn how to make healthy snacks and practice different skills, including counting, measuring and following directions.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2 p.m. – Work together: This activity will involve teamwork and games and promote social interactions, including taking turns.
- Thursday, April 15, 6:30 p.m. – Artsy: Children will get to create their own unique artwork using paint, paper and a brush.
- Friday, April 16, 10 a.m. – Family : A strong connection between child and parent is essential for healthy development. Take part in fun games and activities that allow the whole family to play and connect.
To access the sessions, parents can log on at https://www.springisd.org/ss-wotyc.
For more information, contact Vilma Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-891-6195.