Spring ISD has announced the 10 Teacher of the Year finalists for the 2022-23 school year — five at the elementary level have been selected as finalists for the Elementary Teacher of the Year, and five at the middle and high school levels for the Secondary Teacher of the Year. Two winners will be announced at the annual Employee Recognition Banquet on Friday, May 12 at the Hilton Houston North.
“I am incredibly proud of our 10 Elementary and Secondary Teacher of the Year finalists,” said Spring ISD Superintendent Dr. Lupita Hinojosa. “Their commitment to excellence in teaching, and dedication to our students and fellow educators is an inspiration to us all. They truly represent the best of our district, and I am so thankful that they continue to make a difference in the lives of our students in Spring ISD.”
Spring ISD’s Teacher of the Year program recognizes outstanding educators for their passion and commitment to excellence in education. Each campus selects a campus winner, who is invited to submit written materials to be considered as a finalist for the district’s Teacher of the Year. A district selection committee helps narrow down the pool and ultimately decides the two winners.
All campus Teachers of the Year will receive accolades at the Employee Recognition Banquet. The 10 finalists will receive special honors, prior to the district’s top teachers – one elementary and one secondary – being announced. Those two teachers then will go on to represent Spring ISD in the regional competition.
The finalists for Teacher of the Year include:
- Stephanie Burden – Eickenroht Elementary
- Shareese Coleman – Cooper Elementary
- Miriam Pinotti – Reynolds Elementary
- Cinthya Bustamante Ramirez – Northgate Crossing Elementary
- Cabreatha Thomas – Burchett Elementary
- Caitlin Dominguez – Bailey Middle School
- Monica Martin – SHS Ninth Grade Center
- Cristy Nitz – Springwoods Village Middle School
- Waylon Randolph – Carl Wunsche Sr. High School
- Lakisha Ward – Spring Leadership Academy