HOUSTON – Jan. 21, 2016 – The Carl Wunsche Sr. High School 2016-17 student selection lottery will be Wednesday, Feb. 17 for incoming ninth and tenth graders who applied during the school’s annual recruitment in October 2015. Two lotteries will be held – one at 5:30 p.m. for incoming tenth graders who would like to be on a waiting list, and one at 6:30 p.m. for ninth graders. The tenth-grade lottery is for waiting list placement only as Wunsche currently has a full ninth-grade class.
Wunsche Incoming Ninth-Grade-Lottery Procedures:
- Incoming ninth-grade students that are not automatically admitted during the lottery will be randomly assigned a position on the waiting list, by chosen pathway.
- Following the lottery, Admission Acknowledgement Forms and Waiting List Notification Letters will be sent to the mailing address that was supplied during the application process.
- For a student to accept placement, they must return the Admission Acknowledgement Forms to Wunsche by 3 p.m. Thursday, March 24.
- Students will be admitted for the 2016-17 school year from the waiting list as individual openings occur through the beginning of the school year in August 2016.
Wunsche Waiting-List Procedures:
- Current ninth graders that applied during the 2015-16 application process and were placed on the waiting list did not have to reapply because they retained their position on the waiting list.
- All current ninth graders that applied for admission for the first time in October 2015 will be ranked on the waiting list, by pathway, below all other students that remain on the waiting list, by pathway, from the 2015-16 lottery.
- No Admission Acknowledgement Forms will be sent out as a direct result of the tenth-grade, waiting-list lottery as there are no current openings at the incoming tenth-grade level.
- Students will be admitted for the 2016-17 school year from the waiting list, by pathway, as individual openings occur through the beginning of the school year in August 2016.
Parents and students are invited to observe the lottery process. Those attending will be notified of their admission status that night, and an official notification will be mailed to all students.
For more information, contact the school at 281-891-7650 or go online to www.springisd.org/wunsche.
Carl Wunsche Sr. High School is a nationally-acclaimed school that provides students with access to Career and Technical Education programs, real-world experience, rigorous coursework and mentor and internship opportunities. This year we expanded the academy to include ninth graders. Wunsche students get a head start on their post-secondary education by earning college articulated credit, and over 600 certifications were earned by Wunsche students last school year.