HOUSTON – May 24, 2017 – Spring ISD high school graduations are scheduled for Saturday, June 3. This year again, hundreds of high school seniors from across the district will participate in ceremonies at the Richard E. Berry Educational Support Center.
The numbers of students graduating from each high school are: Andy Dekaney High School, 511 graduates; Spring Early College Academy, 73 graduates with 52 of them also receiving their Associate of Arts degree from Lone Star College–North Harris; Spring High School, 759 graduates; and Westfield High School, 735 graduates.
All four district high school graduations will take place at the 8,000-seat Berry Center, 8877 Barker Cypress, Cypress, and will be approximately two hours long. The Spring ISD Board of Trustees, Superintendent Dr. Rodney E. Watson, student leaders and school administration will also participate.
Each ceremony will include speeches by the school’s valedictorian and salutatorian. They are:
- Dekaney High School – Diana Reyes, valedictorian, and Nelly Canales, salutatorian;
- Spring Early College Academy – Xuan Tran, valedictorian, and Jessica Selim, salutatorian;
- Spring High School – Zachary Alvear, valedictorian, and Diana Zuniga, salutatorian; and
- Westfield High School – Jada Davis, valedictorian, and Simi Hassam, salutatorian.
The location has ample parking for friends and family planning to attend, and law enforcement will be on hand to direct traffic. Health and medical services will also be available.
Guests will be allowed into the facility one hour before the start of the program. It is important for guests to note that the Berry Center prohibits air horns, balloons, signs, banners and flowers. Graduates will receive admission tickets during their scheduled graduation practice.
Spring ISD Graduation Ceremonies:
- Andy Dekaney High School – 9 a.m. Saturday, June 3.
- Spring High School – 1 p.m. Saturday, June 3.
- Spring Early College Academy – 4 p.m. Saturday, June 3.
- Westfield High School – 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 3.