HOUSTON – Jan. 11, 2016 – The Early College Academy at Southridge is beginning the recruitment process for current eighth-grade students who will be entering ninth grade next school year.
The academy is a Spring ISD high school that serves students in grades 9-12, offering a rigorous, supportive academic program of study that blends high school and college work. Early College graduates will earn their Distinguished High School Diploma and have the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts degree or 60 college credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree. This opportunity is offered free of charge through a partnership with Lone Star College – North Harris.
Several informational meetings have been scheduled Jan. 11-19. Students and their parents are welcome to attend any of the meetings listed below. The academy will begin accepting applications Jan. 29 for students entering the ninth grade in the 2016-17 school year. All Spring ISD students who are currently enrolled in eighth grade may apply, however space is limited. The application deadline is Feb. 12. Interviews will be conducted with applicants and their parents at Lone Star College – North Harris March 5, and acceptance letters will be delivered to students at their middle school campus March 11.
- Monday, Jan. 11
- Bammel Middle School, 16711 Ella Blvd., Houston – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Bailey Middle School, 3377 James C. Leo Dr., Spring – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Twin Creeks Middle School, 27100 Cypresswood, Spring – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Dueitt Middle School, 1 Eagle Crossing, Spring – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13
- Wells Middle School, 4033 Gladeridge, Houston – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Claughton Middle School, 3000 Spears, Houston – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 14
- Roberson Middle School, 1500 Southridge, Houston – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19
- Early College Academy, 101 Southridge, Houston – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
For more information go online at earlycollege.springisd.org or call 281-891-6880.