HOUSTON – Jan. 19, 2018 – Spring Early College Academy has rescheduled the 8th-grade parent meetings at Dueitt, Twin Creeks, Bailey and Roberson that were canceled due to recent hazardous weather conditions.
“We want our current eighth graders and their parents to be well-informed about the unique educational opportunities available at the academy, including the chance to earn an Associate of Arts degree while still in high school,” said Diana Kimberly, principal. “They are welcome to attend any parent meeting that best fits their schedule.”
Revised Informational Meeting Schedule:
- Spring Early College Academy – Jan. 22, 6:00 p.m.
- Dueitt and Twin Creeks Middle Schools – Dueitt Middle School, Jan. 23, 6:30 p.m. (These two schools’ meetings were combined into one due to re-scheduling conflicts.)
- Bailey Middle School – Jan. 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Roberson Middle School – Jan. 24, 6:30 p.m.
Through a partnership between Spring ISD and Lone Star College-North Harris, the academy offers students – grades 9-12 – a rigorous and supportive academic program of study that blends high school and college work. The school’s primary goal is for students to graduate with a Distinguished High School Diploma and an associate degree or 60 college credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree. It is an opportunity for students, who may not otherwise consider attending college, to earn 12 to 60 college hours free-of-charge.
Since opening in 2011, the academy has earned several recognitions. It is designated as a demonstration site for early college highs schools by the Texas Education Agency, named as one of the top high schools in the state by U.S. News and World Report, and recognized by the AVID program as a site of distinction. In addition, it has been designated as a No Place for Hate campus by the Anti Defamation League for six consecutive years.
Important upcoming dates for interested applicants are:
- Applications due – Jan. 31
- Student and Parent Interviews – Feb. 17
- Notification letters mailed – Feb. 26
- Acceptance letters due to Early College – March 8
- Alpha Academy Orientation – June 18-21
For more information about the academy, the application and selection process, and to download the application, visit the website at www.springisd.org/earlycollege.