Spring ISD has partnered with Opportunity Culture and Public Impact to ensure excellent, equitable outcomes for our students! The Opportunity Culture initiative helps schools restructure to create advanced roles for excellent teachers who reach more students and coach teacher teams.
Five Spring ISD schools have been chosen to serve as the Opportunity Culture Schools for the 2022-2023 school year will be:
- Burchett Elementary
- Jenkins Elementary
- Reynolds Elementary
- Roberson Middle School
- Spring Leadership Academy
Through the partnership, the district is seeking to hire for two positions for the upcoming school year:
- A Multi-Classroom Leader (MCL) is a teacher with a track record of high-growth student learning who leads lesson planning, data analysis, and instructional changes for a small teaching team. The MCL also observes instruction, provides feedback and coaches team teachers. Additionally, the MCL co-teaches and models for team teachers while continuing to teach a portion of the time.
Multi-Classroom Leaders will have the ability to earn the following stipends:
- Multi-Classroom Leader I – $15,000 – leads 2-3 teachers
- Multi-Classroom Leader II –$17,000 – leads 4-6 teachers
- Multi-Classroom Leader III $20,000 – leads 7-8 teachers
- A Reach Associate is a highly qualified paraprofessionals who support teacher teams, often primarily working with one Multi-Classroom Leader. Reach Associates provide both instructional and non-instructional support, completing administrative tasks, supervising student behavior, and aiding instruction by supervising time on projects, skills practice, or digital learning. Reach Associates provide helpful release time enabling MCLs to coach their team teachers.
Reach Associates will earn a $5,000 stipend.
These new roles form Opportunity Culture career paths, which provide opportunities for teachers to take on greater responsibility, receive greater compensation, and remain in instructional roles. In Opportunity Culture, students receive excellent teaching, teachers receive regular support, and teacher leaders advance and grow in their careers.
Please watch the videos below to learn more about Opportunity Culture and the benefit of this innovative model:
If you or someone you know may be interested in serving as a Multi-Classroom Leader or Reach Associate, you may find the job position on Spring ISD Careers page.